Any person studying at a registered tertiary education institution in a field related to citrus production or research can apply for a tertiary education support bursary.
If you fulfill the below criteria you may apply for a Citrus Academy bursary:
- A citizen of South Africa, Swaziland or Zimbabwe
- Studying fulltime or part-time at a registered tertiary academic institution in South Africa
- Studying in a field related to citrus production or research
- Going into your second year of study, or above
- Interested in a career in the citrus industry
- Satisfied that you comply with the terms and conditions of the Bursary Fund agreement
We provide funding to cover tuition, accommodation, meals, books and stationery, research costs (postgraduate students only), and other expenses related to a students’ studies.
Successful candidates are required to sign a Bursary Agreement which obligates them to adhere to strict academic standards and to commit to the Citrus Academy Code of Conduct.
Every Bursary Fund student also has to work time back in the citrus industry on completion of his / her studies, at least equal to the period of time that he / she received support from the Bursary Fund.